As I sit and write this I think about what my post tomorrow and the next day and the next day will be and I wonder to myself…if I write it…will anyone read it?
Yesterday I was diving pretty heavy into Seth Godin’s Blog and soaking up every word of wisdom that he so magically puts on the screen and I thought that the post from yesterday summed up what I try to do every single day:
A definition of a leader…
Is that too simple?
Writers write. If you want to be a writer, write. And be sure to have people read what you write.
And leaders? Leaders lead.
If you want to be a leader, go lead.
Now I did not start to write this blog to become a writer but after 3 months and nearly 30,000 words later my perception has been altered and I have become a writer. I do choose to be a leader though, with every action and every encouraging word that I write, say or think it is about how I can help others be better for themselves before they met me or started to talk to me.
Reality is a general constant but our own perception of that reality can change with mood, circumstances and for some the weather. Until Breaking into sales I must admit that I had a pretty dim perception of my reality, and never thought that this was the kind of work that I would do…especially considering the laundry list of work I did before Technical Sales! But now, in this day (despite the rain) I see life not through rose colored glasses but with a form of HD that comes from connecting with more things, reading more insights and truly trying to connect with those around me.
Your reality, or at least how you perceive your reality are shaped by your experiences, just as my perception is shaped by mine and when those two perceptions collide…a good thing happens…a Partnership is born! I, for the most part, love my life, I love those who choose to be a part of it and I love the things that I do with my life so today…despite the clouds and the rain…I know that there can not be a rainbow…unless there is rain!
To everyone who takes the time to read this blog today I have exercise for you that I found at ThinkSimpleNow.com and I encourage you to try it.
- 1. Next time you are walking or driving somewhere, or sitting on the bus or a car. Remember to do this.
- 2. Pick a color and focus on it. Look for that color in your field of vision as you’re moving about. For example, focus on the color red.
- 3. Do this for several minutes. Do you notice this color in so many places?
- 4. Pick another color and focus on it. Forget about the first color, just focus on the second. For example, try the color green.
- 5. Continue for several minutes. Scan your surroundings. Do you suddenly notice your second color popping up everywhere?
- 6. Repeat several times using different colors each time.
It may not “alter your reality” but I thought it was important that we find our ability to See the Colors Again.
Today’s Video comes to you from the makers of Gestalt.
Chris J Powell